Research from The Home Builders Federation suggests that almost a third of the workforce will be retiring over the coming years, which risks interrupting the housing supply and placing the Government’s new homes ambition further out of reach.
Barriers to Entry
When we surveyed the next generation of housebuilders (aged 25-35) we asked each respondent to identify their top three barriers to entry.
- Funding saw the most votes (84%)
- Second: sourcing sites (53%)
- Third: navigating the planning process (47%).
- In addition 84% of respondents felt that more could be done to help younger generations progress into housebuilding.
These issues provide the impetus for supporting tomorrow’s housing developers.
The next generation of developers has the scope and potential to be the most innovative and progressive in the industry. By supporting them we can share that progress and innovation, safeguard and increase the supply of new homes and encourage greater diversity within the sector.
With this in mind, Commercial Acceptances is thrilled to be part of the Tomorrow’s Developer network, a unique initiative for the next generation of developers to connect, learn and grow their resources.
Our latest networking event took place at Close Brothers’ head office in the City of London. We heard from an insightful panel, which included one of our lending managers Jack Diggins and our client William Bennet of Seamless Property, who shared his journey to becoming an SME developer. Seamless Property has been a client of ours for 6 years and recently joined our Tomorrow’s Developer network.
We consider the Next Generation to be:
- 25 – 35 years old
- Experienced within the property/construction industry for at least 2 years i.e., builder, real estate solicitor, surveyor, estate agent .
- Preferably has completed a small project before e.g., refurbishment
- Intends to kick-start their property development career
- Preferably has some equity behind them whether from their personal savings or family.
If this sounds like you, or you would like to hear more about Tomorrow’s Developer and our events, all of the information is here: https://lnkd.in/dFGAG-uu
By employing a collaborative approach and utilising our extensive network, we can really add tangible value and encourage the Next Generation with their property development career. We are open to building exclusive partnerships to unlock opportunities for the next generation of developers.